Our Alaska Friends Board and the Pacific and Hawaiian Islands Friends Boards attended a workshop, along with USFWS and Refuge Association staff on Kauai this past January 2018. This opportunity was funded by grants from the National Fish and Wildlife Federation (NFWF).
Workshop topics included:
- USFWS Leadership Panel
- Services for Friends
- How to Build Effective Relationships with Refuges
- Membership Growth and Retention
- Energizing and Engaging Communities
- Refreshing an Uninspired Board
- Social Media
- Crafting Refuge Stories
- Indigenous Perspectives
- Fundraising and Development
- and so much more!
We made lots of connections, learned new ways to support our refuges, and shared ideas, but most importantly, we made FRIENDS.