- These opportunities are for members of Friends of Alaska National Wildlife Refuges (you can join here).
- The Volunteer Application form is available below and can be completed online, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Betty Siegel, Volunteer Coordinator, P.O. Box 357, Homer, Alaska 99603.
- The volunteers who attend and assist with these events are required to complete a post-trip evaluation.
- To apply for one of the listed opportunities, please fill in the Online Volunteer Application
- Please contact the individuals listed in the project descriptions for more information.
POTENTIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY IN 2019
Would you like to experience the volunteer opportunity of a lifetime, see the Aurora in every direction, meet people from around the world and tell them about our public lands? If yes, then watch this space and our website for updates on plans for volunteers to staff the Coldfoot Winter Visitor Center. Tentatively you would come up during February, March, or April with a friend, partner, or spouse and stay in the newly renovated and cozy cabin for 1 to 2 weeks at a time.
The Northern Lights draw many visitors to Wiseman and Coldfoot every year, and this is an opportunity to educate and expand their experience as they learn about our magnificent northern refuges and parks. This effort is a collaboration between Kanuti, Arctic, and Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuges, Gates of the Arctic National Park, BLM, Alaska Geographic and tour companies from Fairbanks. Details involving security, travel, hours of operation, programs, displays, and more are being worked out and expect to be finalized by December. Announcements will be posted as they become available. You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Betty Siegel, Volunteer Coordinator