Job Announcement: The Friends of Alaska Wildlife Refuges is seeking to fill a part-time position as a Communications Coordinator to manage and develop content for monthly newsletters, Friends’ website and blog, and social media accounts. The desired candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills; manage time independently, and be able to work with a non-profit board of directors.
Friends Communications Coordinator position:
Approximately 5 hrs. /week, 20 hours/month
Pay Rate: $20/hr.
- Soliciting content for all communications routes by working with board, partners, and volunteers to create original material.
- Finalizing content and layout for monthly electronic newsletter.
- Maintain/update the Friends website and blog.
- Maintain and manage Friends social media accounts
- Work with Friends board to update communications strategy
- Provide input and help improve communications plan.
- Attend monthly board meetings
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Friends of Alaska Wildlife Refuges Board with collecting, managing and curating communications content for both monthly newsletters and social media accounts to support the mission of the organization. This position requires the ability to assemble, organize, and develop content relevant to the goals and activities of the Friends organization. This position requires the ability to prioritize efforts and to efficiently manage time independently to accomplish the timely dissemination of information to promote the conservation of natural resources in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuges. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, experience with developing written content, working with public outreach efforts, and an understanding of the US Fish & Wildlife Refuge system.
Deadline to apply is NOON, MARCH 11th, 2019.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org